Meth And Motor Oil - TurboBuicks.com

TurboBuicks.com  
Go Back   TurboBuicks.com > Technical Forums > Alcohol, Propane & Nitrous

TurboBuicks.com is the premier Buick Regal Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
buzzin 87

Meth And Motor Oil

Went To Change Motor Oil At 1000 Miles And The Oil Was Black. Never Look Like This Before Injecting Meth,is This Normal, I Use In This Car Penzoil 10w30.
buzzin 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Razor

1000 miles = 4000 1/4 mile passes

You hammer on it.. you will get more blowby, heat, wear and tear.. You drive it like a passenger car.. then oil lasts thousands of miles.

Driving habits dictate oil changes.. not mileage. Tuning also plays a role.. if the car is rich, you will get more washdown.. that breaks down the oil.

Sometimes I change oil 1500 miles.. sometimes at 10 miles.. depends on how hard the motor has been raced.

Spray way too much alky, is just like running rich.. it will contribute to increased oil breakdown.

No free lunch racing an engine at elevated boost levels...
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Doc1of7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin 87
Went To Change Motor Oil At 1000 Miles And The Oil Was Black. Never Look Like This Before Injecting Meth,is This Normal, I Use In This Car Penzoil 10w30.
Might try a few degrees less timing..
With alky you can get to where you're running an excessive amount of timing, and not seeing any detonation/ knock.

And the more HP, and hammering you do on an engine, the more blow by there will be.

You might also be just loosening up some ole crappe in the engine with then increase in heat you're making now. And we're talking about a very small amount of crappe to darken the oil.
Doc1of7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Radius Kid

Cool

Jeff Hartman discusses alcohol and oil in his book "Automotive Fluids and Fuels".
Apparently there is a need for a change in oil composition when running alky.
The book is one heck of a good read.
I highly recommend it to anyone.

So go kick some @ss already!
The Radius Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
VernL

fwiw Shell Rotella motor oil is made from an excellent base and has great soot control. I have seen this oil dramtically clean up a gunked up engine in only a few oil changes. It also has zinc (expensive) which is bettter for flat tappet cam motors. Car oils now are made without zinc as its not needed in todays roller motors. Rotella is not the only oil out their that has this but its really the only one that I know of that is reasonably priced and widely available. TSC stores (Tractor Supply Corp) has it for $7.68 a gallon. Wallmart also has it. This along with a good quality filter such as a WIX is money well spent on an engine such as the turbo V6.
VernL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
turbo nasty
Boost Sux my Wallet

Valvoline VR1 series oils have greater detergency and ZDDP wear additives also
87 GN- Zimmerman all forged short block w/ center caps and some filler , Champion Ported Irons/OEM intake, DLS Roller/Morels/T&D's, 6262S CEA, ESP FMIC, Razors Alky, TA Headers, GN1 Ext radiator, Jegs dual fans, THDP, ATR crossflow, Gen2, 4 MAF and Pipe, 60's, EA Stg2 trans, PTC NON L/U 3200ish 9.5", PST 3.5 alum DS with 1350's, QA1 front and rear, UMI rear, HR bar, moser axles, Eaton, Nitto DR's
turbo nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
ronbuick

Valvoline VR1 is made to be used with meth, and should be used in our cars cause of the additive package in it any ways, for the flat tappet cams that we have, roller cams is a different story, but if using meth in roller cams I beleive you should also use VR1.

Ron
Old 03-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Steve Wood
Scam Detector Enabled

RP 10-40, (or 15-40) is specially formulated for methanol.

www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

I consider all posts on any Board to be my personal property as per the law and they may be used by anyone freely, but, no one can be charged to access my personal posts.
Steve Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement